Earlham Schools Technology Assistant
TITLE: TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT, Earlham Schools
1. Self-motivated, resourceful, and independent
2. Ability to work with students and staff.
3. Experienced with technology.
4. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment.
5. Valid drivers license.
6. High school diploma.
REPORTS TO: Earlham Schools Director of Technology & Learning
JOB GOAL: The technology assistant Will Work closely with the Earlham Director of
Technology & Learning to maximize operational effectiveness by supporting the use of technology.
* Have an understanding of both Mac and Windows operating systems
* Provide first-response technical support, including testing and troubleshooting workstations, laptops, printers, SmartBoards and peripherals; contacting vendors support as required
* Installs client and server software on a variety of hardware platforms for the purpose of
upgrading and maintaining district technology needs.
*Serve as an information source for all staff and students on technology related resource
* Transports computers and associated equipment for the purpose of repair
* Provides hardware and software support to teachers, including but not limited to training,
technical advice on software/hardware installation and general troubleshooting.
* Ability to communicate with users to determine the nature of problems
* Ability to work with Active Directory, Casper, JMC and Google Apps as well as any other software applications used at ECSD.
*Establishes or maintains network security.
*Other duties as assigned.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by a negotiated contract. Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will” employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.